Friday, November 25, 2005

The Ultimate Creature

Okay I am a big fan of believing that mystical creatures once ruled the earth much like dinosaurs. There is one creature that I believe is the ultimate creature that ever existed.

That creature of course is none other than the legendary Dragon.

There are many stories passed down through history from a variety of cultures that talk about these mystical creatures. They believe to have come in a range of different forms and sizes and all of them were either feared or worshiped.

I was looking through on the internet and found a site on animal planet. They are to release a documentry on these magnificent creatures (much like the other computer generated documentaries e.g. dinosaurs) Check it out here,

http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/dragons/index.html

It is very interesting to hear that there are experts who study the existence of these mythical creatures and they have come together with four different types of dragons.
  • Mountain dragon
  • Forest dragon
  • Marine dragon
  • Prehistoric dragon

Now I think these are the coolest creatures ever and would have really like to be reincarnated as one and go around blowing fire at everyone. There have been a lot of crappy movies that have been based around dragons e.g. Reign of Fire and Dragon Heart with Sean Connery as the voice of the dragon (good voice Sean but stick to your bond movies). This does annoy me because dragons are just way to cool to be put in some crappy hollywood movie.

In my search for dragons I came across some cool artists impressions of these magnificent creatures.

One of the Mountain dragons, the red skin with the white hair makes him look very cool don't it (Reminds me of the Red dragons in heroes 4).

This would probably also be another mountain dragon, the ox like horns on the side of its head make it look a lot like the Belroc from the lord of the rings (which was probably another type of dragon)

There are other pictures but they are too big to put on my blog, the only other dragon which is of course the daddy of them all and my personal favourite is the black dragon (once again much like the one in Heroes 4)

Well I just thought that I would show you how cool they are because they are the ultimate creature, like a dinosaur but able to fly with a flame thrower attached.

No comments: