Monday, September 12, 2005

If your confused then we are both stuffed?

Well today was quite boring and because I am writing this blog it means that I really don't have that much to do at the moment.

My sisters birthday today, happy 26th birthday Ya's.

What else is new, well nothing really I finally got the photo's from my 20th and I promise I will put a few up when I am not feeling as lazy as I am right now.

Bad results over the weekend in both AFL and SANFL footy. The Power went down to adelaide by a ridiculous amount and my beloved Woodville West Torrens Eagles lost to Port adelaide. Power is out now and it is very displeasing, eagles however are still in finals contention if they can get their act together.

Considering I have nothing better to do I think I am going to give you a top ten in the true spirit of the donteattheyellowsnow blogsite and letterman:

Top ten favourite songs at the moment:

10. Bloc Party - like eating glass (a very good song with catchy drum beat especially the drum fills, i love it)

9. Howie Day - lick my lips (I recently downloaded this acoustic version and immediately loved it, definately worth having)

8. John Mayer - home life (It may be a fairly old song but it has recently been reinvented for me, very good song)

7. The Killers - jenny was a friend of mine (I think this is an absolute hit and it has got a really good bass line throughout the song)

6. The Mars Volta - i'via i'viaquez (a bit weird when I first heard it but once I got used to it I loved every second, it has that nice cuban jazz feel to it, probably because the band is Cuban American or something like that)

5. Dave Matthews Band - you might die trying (from their latest album 'Stand up', very good song which puts life into perspective and promotes giving it a go. In the true style of the dave matthews band)

4. Inferno - from paris to berlin (there had to be at least one dance track in ceppy's top ten and this is very worthy of recognition. I have been listening to a lot of non dance music lately though, hence this top ten)

3. Coldplay - white shadows (excellent song from Coldplay's new album X & Y, what can you say about such a band they are truley one of my favourites and this song does not disappoint)

2. Coldplay - fix you (another song from the new album, once again can't get enough of it especially the great harmony at the end of the song, this music just calms the soul)


and number one from my favourite album at the moment,


1. Coldplay - swallowed in the sea (this is one of the best songs I have ever heard and Chris Martin wrote this on his dad's keyboard, naked. How can it not be good. It is an irish jig slowed down and with Chris's unique voice it just sounds too good to be true)

For anyone who doesn't have the new Coldplay album I strongly recommend it. It has taken the top three on this top ten and has many more great tracks on it.

No comments: