Monday, December 05, 2005

Sick from far, but too far from sick

Okay I know this is a late post however this has to be said.

Finally I have over indulged at one of our many gatherings and gone and made a fool of myself (probably with a lot of photographic evidence, thanks sean).

I committed the cardinal sin of drinking, which is to mix your alcohol and man did I pay the price for it. I payed the price late firday night and all throughout saturday, lying in bed with the indy 500 racing around in my stomach.

Now on the good note I must say this, I am very proud of myself because I am the sole survivor. Thats right the last man in our group to take that dreaded plundge into the gutter and puke their guts up. I have put it off for this long and it was my time boys, it was my time to breath up the fire, or so we would now say (thanks again sean).

We have lost many men over the years to this downfall of alcoholics and I would like to now share with you the infamous list of drunken allies.

  1. The first to go probably some time in either year 9 or 10 was good old Sammy himself, his alcohol of choice was probably the rocket fuel he used to make using all the bits of liquer in his parents liquer cuboard. He has grown up over the years though, however he can still be found throwing up his liver around his birthday.
  2. The second man on my list would have to be Sean other wise known as Bundy Sean and yes that is probably what took him down, the dreaded taste of that polar bear rum. Sean still hasn't changed much though and I am quite sure he wasn't too far away from my state on friday night.
  3. The third man on this growing list would be Nick, aka Snowman. Now this man would not have gone down without a fight because lets face it, he is the tank amongst our band of merry men. Lucas would have probably drunk about 12 pints of beer, half a bottle of vodka, a bottle of absynth and a couple of gin martinis before puking his guts up. His place of choice, an ally way in rundle street. At least you did it with a bit of class mate, right next to the belgium beer bar.
  4. Next on the list would be Dutchy, he is from Holland and joined us a bit late however he settled right in and made his contrabution to this elite club. His drink of choice probably some imported beer, some southern comfort and of late a few yagerbons.
  5. Daddy daw how can we forget you. Like a father to us all he is the small man with a small stomach and that means one thing, yep you guessed it, things don't usually stay down there for too long. His drink of choice would have to be that beloved absynth. His place of choice, Dutchys tennis court with Dutchy I think.
  6. Who could be next, ah yes Betty band cock. He is a birthday man as well and he loves his beer bongs and his red wine. New years and dutchys birthday were common occurences, I gave you my heart betty, I gave you my heart.
  7. Timmy how could I forget you mate, sitting on a couch watching the cricket. Your drink of choice mate is a fine one indeed, coopers pale ale or your beloved guiness. Unknown to me is where we could find you in your drunken state, perhaps on a cricket field.
  8. Comming in a little later and finding himself more so when he joined uni life is Country Boy Mason. Known to be quite the party man these days andy likes to endulge in some good old fashion pale ale. Most likely to be found on his farm with his love able goat.
  9. Coming to the end now we find Wizza who can be remembered throwing up all over the stairs at Dutchy's house last New years. I think he had a few too many beers and a little to much absynth.
  10. This is my spot in the awesome 11 and I am damn proud to be here.

Now I guess you are wondering where our 11th man is well lets just say that he doesn't come into the equation. Dale is a man too proud to get completely plastered so he doesn't count. Sorry mate but the only way we are ever going to see you get plastered is if we tie you down and pour alochol through a tube for you.

We should all be proud of our efforts of the past few years and looking forward to many good times a head.

Now known as dragon boy I will try to do my best to add to the tally.

No comments: