Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Inspiration comes at the most awkward of times.

Picture this.

I was standing in my shower enjoying a nice warm shower when a few guitar chords and a tune got into my head.

Now this does happen to me quite a lot and for no apparent reason I will make a tune in my head, some of them sound pretty good and others not so.

Anyway this tune I got in my head appeared to be something that I could work on and add to. I even thought up some words to put in with the music I had in my head.

Normally by the time I get out of the shower or stop whatever I'm doing I have forgotten my second of musical brilliance. However this time I managed to get out and record the tune onto my MP3 voice recorder.

Now I can hold a tune so I should be able to get the tune off again and onto some manuscript with the help of nick and his knowledge of guitar chords.

I don't know about you guys but when I come up with some music I get really excited and usually need to write something down whether it is some words or a short tune. This is made easy because I own a pirated copy of Sibelius 2 which is one of the best music programs you can get.

Don't worry Nick I will get it to you and show you how to use it because it makes music writing a breeze, all you need is the time and the patients.

Of course my musical expertise is based around Jazz and Blues however I am trying to try my hand at some alternate rock with influences including, Howie Day, John Mayer and Dave Matthews Band.

Hopefully I will have some time during the Holidays to sit down and fiddle around with some ideas I have. I am pretty much finished this week so I should have some time on my hands.

No comments: