Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Do you ever feel under appreciated

Well for the last few days I have been working at my favourite place to be, you guessed it woolworths. Now I am very used to the big christmas week because this is my 4th one working at woolworths. It is a week where management decide to blow their budget and put on all the staff for every single day (this could be over exagerating). Anyhow I got my hours the other week and managed to score a shift in the Deli yesterday. Now I don't mind working in the Deli and have done many shifts over the years however they really didn't need me in there and I was constantly asking for something to do. This really shits me because I hate having to ask for something to do because it makes me look like an amatuer who slacks off which is hardly the case.

Anyway one of my many jobs was to clean out the drains which for those of you who have ever done it is less than a pleasant job. Especially when it is the deli drains that you are cleaning. There is a mixture of cold meats, seafood, cheese and olives in there as well as all those smells put together after being sitting in there for a good few weeks with hot water rushing over it everday. The smell you get pretty much replicates what comes out of your arse. It also looks pretty much the same. I didn't complain about doing this however because I am prepared to do my days work.

I also worked 3 hours today which involved me packing, cleaning and marking down stock. This is pretty normal in the bakehouse. I have two closes on Thursday and Friday night and then the whole day on Christmas eve which is going to be nuts. Why because it is on a Saturday and we close at 5pm.

I haven't really done much else on my holidays apart from hanging out with Hails and the boys from time to time. Hopefully over christmas and new years the good times will pick up.

I bought some really good CD's the other day including John Mayer Trio - Try, Dave Matthews Band - live at red rocks, Pendulum - hold your colour, and one of my favourite bands at the moment Wolfmother. For those of you who are thinking about buying Wolfmothers CD I strongly recommend it because it is surprisingly good.

I went to carols on Sunday night with Hails and her brothers, sam and emma, borgas and a few others. It was okay however I am not really into the whole going and singing christmas carols thing. I think I spent more time looking at my candle rather than the stage. The fireworks were good though. There was also someone dressed up as a dolphin on stage however I wouldn't have picked it up unless they had told us it was a dolphin (I thought it was some sort of disfigured rabbit, a cheap copy of bugs).

No comments: