Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Indonesian Independence day

On this day in I think 1947 indonesia declared it's independence, good on em but more importantly a smart, good looking young man was born. With the incredible talent of being short his name was Ben Hillier that's right ppl I was born 20 years ago today, scary ain't it. So I have walked this earth for two decades and I thought I would make a lsit of important events in my life.

17th August 1985: I was born at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Skip forward a 5 years to me going to Mitcham Primary School for the first time, highlights of primary school years include:


  • Getting told off for pushing another kid in year two and spending a whole lunch time crying in the principles office.
  • Starting trumpet in year three only to be told to come back the next year because my hands were too small.
  • In year 4 I began learning the trumpet and my love of music began.
  • Playing soccer in years 3,4,5,6 and 7, years 3,4 and 5 we were the best team in the league and won everything, years 6,7 we sucked and lost every game due to a crap goal keeper by the name of ryan post.
  • Doing cross country running in year 6 and 7
  • Did karate for 3 years and got to brown belt with black tips
  • Performing in musical nights every year
  • In year 4 I got the main role in a play we did called 'taking risks'.
  • Getting plates in year 3 and then brases in year 6
  • Got brases taken out at the end of year 7 got retainers
  • Being on the assembly committee in year 7 and running the assembly's each week
  • Year seven formal and my first crush in year seven on a girl called emma best (still don't know to this day whether she was the best though)
  • Graduated from Mitcham Primary School in 1998 and went on to Mercedes College

High School days at Mercedes College:

  • First day in year eight walking into the girls bathroom by mistake and being laughed at (now that I think about it I don't think it was by mistake)]
  • Gave up trumpet for this year however by doing music in Roachies class he convinced me to continue to play, started again in year 9.
  • Met all the boys in year 8 including, Sean 'donkey slong' Howie, Nick 'snowman/asian' Lucas, Luke 'big head' Betros, Sam 'Sammy' Randel, Alex 'Daddy' Daw, Dale 'Bezza' Mazzachi Matt 'wizza' Wisdom, Andy 'country boy' Mason and Tim 'timmy' Mcevoy.
  • Playing soccer in year 8 and 9 were about middle range
  • Played tennis for school for two seasons.
  • Year 9 Mimilee Trek and step classes.
  • Started music as a full subject again, began getting trumpet lessons from Warren Heading one of SA's best trumpeters, he opened me up to jazz (man could he play)
  • Mr Was as year 9 home room teacher
  • Made friends with the girls and ditched them at the end of the year (wanted to understand women better I think, didn't work)
  • Year 10 music was wicked, played lot's of music in variety of bands, highlight was when we put the year 10 blues band together for one gig at assembly, good fun.
  • Sat year 10 exams (easy)
  • During christmas I under went a transformation and came back in year 11 taller and skinier.
  • Went on to year 11 as a SACE student did music, maths, english, biology, tourism, business studies.
  • Began working at Mitcham Woolworths as a checkout chick/ trolley boy
  • Met a new friend from the isle of dutch, Marten 'dutchy' Roex.
  • Went on year 11 retreat and had some good times
  • Began drinking regularly, usually at hannah's house with became like a second home to all us drunken year 11's, remember those good times boy's.
  • Learnt a lot of good stuff about music, composition which drove me on to do music in year 12.
  • Year twelve was great best year of my life
  • Did Business Maths, Music, PES english (the hard one), Tourism and Legal Studies.
  • Lot's of parties and 18ths
  • Was year 8 SRC representative and did nothing and got praise for it.
  • Year 12 retreat was the best and really got to know my whole year level better.
  • Greatest accomplishments for year twelve were getting my english journal done, composing three pieces of music and passing overall.
  • Graduated in 2003 had a blast on Muck up day, Graduation and Grad ball, also all the after parties in between thanks basso and barber u guys are champs.
  • Went to schoolies and got drunk for a week (if you want to know more go to the snowman's blog and read the schoolies diary in archieves November 2003).
  • Decided I wanted to be a teacher, missed out on uni placement (graduated in a fucked up year where TER's went up, fucking hate that)

Out of school years:

  • Worked at woolies for 6 months, began working in the Bakery, and hung out with friends getting drunk frequently, good times.
  • Applied for Child studies course and started it in July 2004.
  • Had a party for my 19th due to the lack of my 18th party, good times had
  • Continued to work at woolies and go to TAFE
  • Had many placements for my course including, Kindergarten, Baby Placement and Out Of Hours School Care.
  • Finished my certificate three and am currently doing my diploma.

So that brings us up to date on this Wednesday the 17th of August my plans for the future are to get completely fucked this weekend and enjoy myself, so with that Happy Independence Day Indonesia,

You should be privalidged to share the same date as my birthday.

No comments: