Monday, February 13, 2006

Winter Olympics, something interesting to watch.

Thats right it is that time, the 2006 Torino Winter Olympics in Italy have begun. And I say good. I really enjoy watching all the different winter sports that we Aussies don't normally get to see. At least for the next couple of weeks there will be something good to watch at night time.

Some of my favourite sports in the winter olympics include, the luge, bobsleigh and speed skating.

All I can say is those men and women on the luge are complete nutters. Going down a tube at 140km an hour, thats insane.


"I've got a great idea for a sport, dress up like a sperm, shove an ice skate up your arse, and go balls first down an ice tube."

At least if you were in a bobsleigh you wouldn't have as much chance of getting killed. I would be the guy at the back so I have three bodies in front of me to cushion the blow of impact.


All that the back three guys need to do is run at the start and then spend a minute with their heads down praying that the driver doesn't fuck up and kill them all.

And speed skating, well lets face it they just all look like wankers with those tight body suits on. However it is cool to watch. Wonder if Steven Bradbury can get lucky again this year.


The dutch usually dominate this sport, and I can just see dutchy in a tight suit sprinting round an ice ring on skates, hardcore my friend (have you ever tried it).

Well with that I shall say goodluck to our Australian team. Lets see if we can better our total of two gold medals this year (if they all go like the Australian in the biatholon we've got no hope, came 86 out of 89 competitors)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.

No comments: