Friday, February 10, 2006

The inevitable is some times too hard to bear

Today I went to see my Pop again. It was a day we had all been dreading. Pop has become to sick to stay at home. It was time for him to go to the Repat Hospital. Since I last saw him just over a week ago he has lost a lot of weight and was lying in his bed needing help to even get out.

We waited at my Nanas house for 2 hours until the Ambulance arrived to take him to the Repat Centre at Daw park.

In the past month he has gone downhill extremely fast. It is almost sublime to see the effects that cancer is having on him. With the way he is going he will probably only last a couple of weeks if that. It is hard to see someone you love dying.

My Pop is still cracking jokes and being the smart arse that we love just to make us feel comfortable. The fact that he hasn't eaten at all really in the past two weeks shows that he won't be around much longer.

It really started to hurt today, knowing that I will only see him a few more times, knowing that in a couple of weeks I will be carrying his coffin in a funeral service. It is hard to take in.

There is just too much reality to take in.

No comments: