Thursday, January 12, 2006

Leave all your worries that fuck you up.

It occured to me this morning while sorting all my important info and receipts into a folder (instead of crammed into the draw in my desk) that I have been working at woolworths way too long.

I came to this conclusion when I discovered hundreds of pay slips from the store I love to hate going back to late 2002 (around the time that I started working for the company as a nieve little school boy).

Also the fact that my locker at work is crammed full of pay slips from the better part of this year because I became extremely lazy and couldn't be bothered bringing them home. The other thing that worries me is that half of them I haven't even opened so I have no idea what I have been payed for over the past 6 months. All I know is that some amount of money does get put into my account weekly because my bank account stay's around the same mark.

On another note it is only 3 more sleeps before I head off to the sunny and humid Gold Coast for a week. I went shopping yesterday to get some much needed essentials for the trip including a few pairs of 15 dollar boardies from target. Considering the weather over there I will probably only be wearing boardies and shirts for the whole trip.

This also leads me to the difference between acceptable clothing in Adelaide and the Gold Coast. I mean here you usually need to be well clothed if you go out anywhere and you need to wear pants shoes and a shirt of reasonable quality to get into any pubs or clubs.

Now over in Queensland you can walk around in boardies and thongs and go anywhere you like. What's the deal I mean just because it is a popular holiday location people can walk around wearing practically nothing and get away with it. I mean I don't feel comfortable walking around like that and I will probably look well dressed to everyone over there and look like a bit of a misfit. Oh well I am not changing for them.

And here is yet another installment of,

Ceppy's Compilation of composition's (top ten songs at the moment)

10. Howie Day (In the sun)

9. Jamiroquai (Don't, give hate a chance)

8. Jamiroquai (Seven days in sunny June)

7. Pendulum (Hold your colour)

6. Martin Solveig (Everybody)

5. Silosonic (Something to make you feel alright)

4. Wolfmother (Mind's eye)

3. Pendulum (Slam)

2. Dave Matthews Band, weekend on the rocks (Hunger for the great light)

1. Dave Matthews Band, weekend on the rocks (The stone)

There's a few knew songs from the last one and a few of the same, I'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks to see if there are many changes.

All's well that end's well.

No comments: