Saturday, January 28, 2006

Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?

No one is every sure of what the future holds for them. People make decisions everyday that effect the course of the rest of their lives.

So how I ask you do we know that we are doing the right things with our lives. So many decisions in life not knowing what are right and what are wrong.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

(Ewan McGregor - Trainspotting)

I often doubt some of my decisions in life. There are lot's of things I want to do but I will never get the chance to do them. Take for instance the career path I am taking, sometimes I wonder whether it is what I really want to do, I don't think I will enjoy it as much as some other career paths, but having gone so far and done a lot of the work it seems pointless to give it all away now.

Music is my true passion and I sometimes wonder whether I am wasting my talent in this area.

A song written by one of my favourite bands questions life and decisions,


Oh brother I can’t, I can't get through
I've been trying hard to reach you 'cause I don't know what to do
Oh brother I can't believe it's true
I'm so scared about the future and I wanna talk to you
Oh I wanna talk to you

You can take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or a write a song nobody has sung or do
Something that's never been done

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?
Tell me how do you feel?
Well I feel like they're talking in a language I don't speak
And they’re talking it to me

So you take a picture of something you see
In the future where will I be?
You can climb a ladder up to the sun
Or a write a song nobody has sung or do
Something that's never been done, do
Something that's never been done

So you don't know where you're going and you wanna talk
And you feel like you're going where you've been before
You tell anyone who'll listen but you feel ignored
Nothing's really making any sense at all, let's talk Let's talk, let's talk, let's talk

(Coldplay - Talk)

1 comment:

Lugy said...

Nice song and nice post...

sometimes everything seems to be plotted by someone trying to keep us in a cage.. i would like to do something more or see something more in my like not just work and save money to buy new items (often useless)