Friday, October 28, 2005

Waking up at 3 am to the smell of something burning and the devil waiting at your door

I went with my lovely girlfriend to gold class last night. It was a good evening even though I paid out of my arse for the tickets, but when I think about it people pay heaps to go to the theatre and other forms of entertainment. If you haven't been I urge you to go however go during the day because it is cheaper, the seats alone are worth the money.

We went and saw the exorcism of emily rose (because hails wanted to see it, its okay now she has to go see doom with me haha). It was a fairly good movie however I wouldn't normally pay money to see it. The movie was mainly set in a court room after the exorcism where the priest was being prosecuted for the death of emily. It had flash backs throughout the movie of emily and her transformation however it really wasn't scary. This movie was more of a court room drama than anything else.

The movie did get me thinking about the supernatural however, whether demons and angels exsist or not. It is really a strange concept, however there has to be something more in this world other than what we can see. The movie was based on a true story however you can't help but wonder how correct the story is to the real one. The truth I think is that hollywood keeps us believing in the supernatural by over exaggerating true stories and making them into a battle between good and evil when in reality it is just a true story about a crazy girl. How can we be sure of anything when movies turn stories into something unbelievable.

All I can say is there is no real proof that these things exist or that they don't exist so make up your own minds.

But just remember,

when you wake up in the middle of the night at exactly 3.00am and you smell something burning that really isn't there you might just have been touched by the devil himself and possession is not far away.

No comments: