Saturday, October 01, 2005

Its been a hard days night and I've been working like a dog

Don't you just love getting up at 4am when everything is still and silent, walking to work in pitch black darkness for a 10 hour shift at a Woolworths bakery. Well I know that none of you would have any idea what that would be like because you aren't me.

A 5am to 3.30pm shift is not fun people however I do prefer to get all my work out of the way in one day rather than spreading it over 3 days of 3 hour shifts. Once again I was in charge of the Mitcham Woolworths bakery and that does give me a sense of power and achievement even if it is a crappy woolworths bakery because I get to boss people around. I work my arse off for practically 10 hours straight and half the time I don't even have time to sit down for five minutes. Today wasn't too bad, however I still had my work cut out for me.

The good news is that I do not have to work my usual Sunday shift tomorrow (good old stocktake). So having had about 4 hours sleep and worked for 10 hours I will be heading into town and partying on down tonight, oh yeah. Many people would ask how I can pull off this miracle, and well it is quite simple.

I am young, fit and healthy, with a mind for the music, and a gut for the booze, a couple of nodos will also help me along the way. Then I will drag myself home and have a well deserved rest having been up for 24 hours. What a life huh.

Party hard people, that is my advice for you.

You only live once.

No comments: