Friday, June 09, 2006

It's finally here, World Cup 2006.

The world cup germany 2006 begins tonight when the host germany takes on costa rica. Regretably I will be unable to watch this game due to the fact that I have to start work at 8 tomorrow. I have been anticipating this event for the past 6 months and now that it is finally here I am looking forward to watching some world class soccer over the next month.

It is good to see that wizza has gone out and got himself a socceroos gersey and I think that I will have to follow suit at some stage and go buy one myself. I do feel however that I might have to get another players name on my back so that we aren't the Harry Kewell fan club.

Australia is playing Japan on Monday night and it should be a match that we can win. If we don't win then I'm afraid it will be goodbye to the socceroos.

I am also very jealous of Daw who as I am writing this post is probably in Germany enjoying the atmosphere that is world cup soccer. I am very, very jealous Daw, but know that you will be having one hell of a time over there. Good on ya mate.

On a completely different note I went and bought Empire Earth 2 from EB games for like 30 bucks yesterday. It is a fucking awesome game and if you enjoyed the first one then you'll love the second. I particularly enjoy building spies and getting them to sabotage enemy buildings and poisoning their town centres. It is great fun.

Well thats it for now so I'll see you later

No comments: