Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hearing noises and wishing you were there

Today I was at childcare all day again (like I will be tomorrow) and all day long I could hear the distant roar of motor car racing, a true passion of mine. Throughout the day I was thinking to myself what the hell am I doing looking after kids when I could be trackside watching one of the biggest motor festivals in the world take place.

I still don't know whether I will go on sunday (if anyone is going let me know and I might tag along). I have been the past three years on the sunday and have enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully next year I will be able to buy my four day grandstand tickets and go for the full four days, get pissed and watch cars race around a track is there nothing better.

In other news formula one has again started for the year (a little late I know). Due to the Commonwealth games however they have changed the date for the Melbourne Grand Prix. They have had the first two rounds in Baihran and Malaysia and in a week they will be in Australia once more. I would also like to go to Melbourne one year to see this motor event also.
This year the Formula V10 engines have been down graded to V8's, this may sound like a big deal however these engineers are so good you can hardly tell the difference and the lap times aren't suffering too much either. They also got rid of the stupid rule of not being able to change tires during a race (thankgod), however they are still keeping up with the engine having to last two rounds which still makes it challenging and interesting.

Anyway enough ranting about motor sport

I'll seeya all trackside

No comments: