Monday, August 21, 2006

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile

I've been busy

But not much has been happening in my life other than working.

Went to Pauls on Saturday night, drank beer and ate lamb on a spit, cheers for the party man.

I made some purchases with my vouchers the other day.

In true patriotic style I bought myself a liverpool scarf just in time for the new Premier League season, its really cool.

I also bought a CD that I have been wanting for awhile and let me just say that I think it is one of the best CD's I have ever bought.

Thats right Lucas, I bought the new Something for Kate CD, Desert Lights. Sounds really good, favourite song would have to be Down the Garden Path.

I really wish I had gone to one of the concerts they previously had here.

Now on to something new. Over the weekend I watched a heap of movies as I also bought some with my vouchers and it made me think of my favourites of all time.

So here it is Ceppys top 10 movies of all time

10. Trainspotting
Stars Ewan McGregor as a Heroin addict and his flawed attempts to give it up, interesting look into the life of a drug junkie and the relationships he is able or unable to have. Choose Life.

9. Baseketball
Okay who can't love this movie. From the creators of Southpark, two no good losers create a game which they play in their driveway which quickly becomes a national obsession and throws them into fame and fortune. Very funny movie which still has me on the floor laughing. Little bitch and laying carpet.

8. The Matrix
Again another great movie set now and in the near future. Cool idea of life the world and the unusual meaning to life and existance. Awesome fighting and action scenes with non stop action. Mr Anderson.

7. Anchorman - The legend of Ron Burgundy
Another clever comedy from Will Ferrell who plays the role of Ron Burgundy the best Television Anchorman in San Diego. Shows his competition with the new anchorwoman, his demise, followed by his big return. San Diego - a whale's vagina.

6. The Silence of the Lambs
Excellent master piece featuring one of my favourite actors Sir Anthony Hopkins. Follows the path of a psychopath known as Buffalo Bill who is kidnapping and murdering young women. Clarice Sterling is the FBI agent on the case and seeks the help of another psychopath known as Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lector who is behind bars. Lector agrees to help Clarice only if she feeds his curiosity of her own life. A very good movie and a must see if you haven't already. Sffffffff-f-f-f-f, watch the movie then you'll get it, lucas knows what I'm on about.

5. The Great Escape
Had to have an oldie in here and what one could beat this. Set in a german prisoner of war camp in WW2 it follows a group of American and british soldiers who plan an escape from the camp. Based on a true story it features some well known actors. Do do, do doooo do-do-do, well you all know that song.

4. The Blues Brothers
Music and action have not been put together like this in any other movie that I've seen. A range of movie stars and musicians make appearances in this story of the Blues Brothers on a mission from god to put their bands back together to raise money to save the orphanage they were brought up in. Some of the best car chase scenes ever including what would have to be the most expensive and biggest car pile up scene the world has ever seen. Fun filled excitement from start to finish with great music from a great many artists. The Penguin.

3. Star Wars
The whole saga is great, I'm not going to go through them all with you but they are all good and is one of the most creative worlds I have ever seen. George Lucas, you the man. Lightsaber (do I have to say anything else).

2. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
This was previously my number one. Good old English Humour in a hardend criminal world. Four mates lose in a high rolling poker match and have a week to pay up otherwise they get fucked by a number of bad people. Awesome street dialogue and a good look into London's seedy underworld. Could everybody stop getting shot.

1. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
I think this is a great movie, it doesn't do enough credit to the book, however I still think it does it justice. Basically the earth is demolished to leave way for a new hyperspace way and Arthur Dent is the one who survives by hitching a ride with his mate from another planet Ford Prefect. A wacky whirlwind unwinds and the meaning of life, the galaxy and everything is questioned. The answer is 42.

So there you have it. My top 10. I think it is pretty good so let me know what you think.

Bye for now.

No comments: