Saturday, November 18, 2006

Elevate me

A day late at best however after waiting over a year for the concert I'm sure you won't mind too much.

Lets just say that U2 rocked my world on thursday night and it was well worth all the waiting, dehydration, and sunburn that was inflicted on me.

I'm not going to get into to much detail considering wagga has explained most of it, however I will say this, the set list was awesome (see wagga's blog for the full list) and to be within 2 metres of bono and the edge playing songs such as new years day and where the streets have no name was an experience I will never forget.

Of course the highlight for me was my favourite song Sunday Bloody Sunday. That was just too awesome to even describe.

Like wagga I too rated this concert as close to one of the best I have ever been too, however to pick between Coldplay and U2 is just impossible.

The newspapers have been saying however that the atmosphere at AAMI on thursday night was lacking. To that all I can say is you were in the wrong spot for the concert. The Pit was the place to be and believe me we were making enough noise to not notice that the people seated weren't getting into the experience. All I can say to them is that you missed out on getting involved in something great.

No comments: